Thursday, October 1, 2009

up and down

This is the roller coaster ride of my life!! I now know that I never knew what stress really was.
We were told by the hospital and others to expect ups and downs... and they weren't kidding.


Today wasn't such a good day. Ethan has an infection now too so he is on anti-biotics. He is having difficulty breathing because he has a lot of junk in his chest that he is trying to cough up.
Nicolas is getting over his sickness but is still having issues breathing. Both the boys are not handling stimulation of any type very well... (getting there diaper changed, breathing treatments,) so I didn't get to touch them very much today. It is really hard to see them having a hard time and not be able to do anything... not even touch them. But hopefully the anti-biotics will have them well soon so they can focus on getting bigger and stronger.

This is all part of the ride. Things are good, then bad, then good again.

One good thing happened yesterday: they had to change Nicolas incubator bed out and give him a new one so I got to hold him in my arms a couple of minutes while they did that. Finally I got to hold one of them!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.