Tuesday, November 3, 2009

7 weeks

Tomorrow the boys will be 7 weeks old. They are both doing really well. They are both weiging about 3lb. 9 oz. At birth Ethan was 14 inches long and is now 16.25 inches; Nicolas was at 14.5 inches and is now 17.5 inches. They are growing SO fast now!!!!

They are both up to 10ML an hour on their feedings. They both still have feeding tubes but they are getting closer to being able to feed from a bottle, maybe in a couple weeks. That is the next big thing I am waiting for... to feed them myself!!!

Neither of them are on any oxygen anymore but they are getting pressure pushed in through nasal cannula (Ethan) and C-PAP (Nicolas). The pressure makes it so their muscles don't have to work so hard to open their lungs with each breath.

Below I have some very cute pictures for you to enjoy!! They are getting cuter by the day. I will be posting some video again soon but I am having difficulty uploading it at this time.

Ethan is very inquisitive of his surroundings. He opens his eyes a lot.

Ethan

Nicolas likes to nap a lot. He is a good snuggler.

No comments: