Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ethans first week home

So we have had Ethan home 12 days now.... He has been pretty good for us. There have only been a few nights he didn't want to go to sleep. (last night was one of them) I have to feed him every three hours day and night.. even if I have to wake him up for it. That is rough to do at 2 AM. It is a whole lot easier if he wakes me up for it, but harder to wake him up for it. I would rather let him sleep and get some more sleep myself. When he is gaining weight really good then I can let him wake me up when he wants fed and maybe get an hour or two more sleep between some of his feedings.


I try to get caught up on sleep every chance I get. (I will probably go take a nap when I am done here) Trevor has been really good at helping out, that makes things a whole lot easier. It is nice to be able to get adjusted to one baby before Nicolas gets home... that will be a whole new challenge!!

Nicolas had a setback last week so he didn't get to come home this past weekend like I had hoped. They had to take him off his feedings because they found blood in his stool, they had to do that a couple weeks ago as well. They keep him off feedings for 5-7 days to make sure there isn't a big problem that caused it. They started him back on feedings last night and he is doing well so far taking the bottle. Hopefully we will all be together as a family soon. My due date is 10 days away, hopefully we will have him home by then. He is a lot bigger than Ethan. He is 6 lb 7 oz!!!!! Ethan is only 5 lb. 8 oz.

Well, I am going to go take a nap now... I think Ethan is asleep for real this time, not just pretending he's asleep just to wake me up as soon as my head hits the pillow.... (the little stinker)

No comments: