Sunday, December 4, 2011

Story Time- Random happenings

007

Little Helper- One day while I was sweeping the kitchen Ethan got the dust pan brought it over near me and starting picking up the cheerios out of the pile I swept up and placing them in the dust pan. Then he tired holding it while I swept the rest of the pile up. Here he is sweeping for me. He even helped me put up his clean socks today and put his dirty clothes into the basket and carry it to the laundry room!! He really is my little BIG helper.

 Laundry- It’s funny how the simplest  things can be the most fun for them. A basket of unfolded laundry is a lot more fun for them than it is for me!!…ha ha.. Pull them out, put them back in, climb under the basket, jump off the basket… the possibilities are endless!!!
Big Brother- Ethan will go over to Nicolas and pat him on the back and say "ok? ok?" It's SO sweet that he is trying to be a good brother.
Dinner and A Show- Nicolas has a sense of humor and he knows how to use it. He likes to make funny faces at the dinner table and play peek a boo. He will cover his eyes with the back of his hands instead of the palms and say "boo". It's the cutest thing!
038

To Infinity and Beyond!- They both love the moon and will ask to go see it at night. They even like to look at daddy's big astronomy book and Ethan can point out the sun, earth and moon.
 
IMG_1086_thumb5

Team Work- They are a team at opening doors. Ethan is really good at unlocking and Nicolas is really good at opening. They are perfecting their skills by shutting each other in the closet and having to figure out how to get out complete darkness. In the picture here they have moved the stroller to the door, climbed it and are trying to escape!! They can’t get the dead bolt open though.



Happy Feet- The boys like dancing along with the penguins in the movie Happy Feet. Now every time music come on they will start to stomp around…. it is hilarious. I have some video of them dancing I will try to post soon.
 
 
Little Charmer- I say “hey Baby” to the boys as a greeting- I guess I say it a lot. Ethan will now greet some friends, usually other little people as: “hey baby”…lol There was one time during out meeting at the Kingdom Hall that he was exchanging some flirtatious smiles with a little girl and he all of the sudden said “hey baby” to her from across the isle!!
TP (not the kind you live in)- Nicolas has an obsession with things that spin, and recently has discovered the toilet paper roll spins- need I say more?!
The Writing on the Wall- One day after drawing with the boys I accidently left the box of crayons in the boys room. When I went back to collect them I was to late. I found all but…… ONE crayon! The orange crayon was MIA for two weeks and only Ethan knew it's whereabouts because I randomly kept finding marks on the walls and under his fingernails.
IMG_1374
Sleep Like a… Baby?-  Ethan has graduated to a BIG BOY BED!! We converted his crib into a toddler bed yesterday. (you can see him here getting ready to jump off his new bed) His first night he slept the whole night thought without getting up!! I hope it continues to go this well. Ethan LOVES to be a big boy. It just breaks my heart to see them both growing up so fast.

No comments: