Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Making Progress

Both of the boys are having a really good week!!! :) It makes the time go by so much faster when they are doing well.

Ethan is making progress- he on a different breathing machine called C-PAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) It is pretty much the same thing people use for sleep apnea. He has also graduated to a different incubator. A feeding tube in his mouth is the only thing foreign in his body now, no more IV lines or the like. He is being fed 7 ML an hour.

Nicolas is progressing nicely as well. He is also being fed 7 ML an hour now like brother and is being taken off IV fluids for nutrients in the next day. His breathing is getting much better as his infection is clearing so he is being weaned from the ventilator.

I am glad that I only have good news to write tonight!!! Check back soon for more updates!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Great News!! And by the way, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! We will keep the boys in our prayers.
Luv ya, Nancy

Anonymous said...

HI Jill and Trevor! Give the boys a kiss from all of us. The pictures are great. We pray for your family and hope things keep going so well.
Lots of Love from the Lawrence family in S.K.

Anonymous said...

Jill ,

I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family . I hope the boys keep improving .

Steve Bishop -- Your Indiana Family