The boys went to the Dr. Monday and had some shots- they were SO brave. Our only concern right now is the issue with weight gain. In two weeks Ethan had only gained 1 oz and Nicolas 3 oz- The Dr. wants them to gain 1 oz per day. That's about 2 lb per month. So we are on a very strict eating schedule at night again. It is easier to keep the schedule in the daytime but nighttime is SO hard. I get SO tired when I have to wake up so often. - They are both already on higher calorie soy formula and they are taking 3 oz per feeding now. Nicolas doesn't spit up very often, Ethan still does; but learning how to burp him has helped some.
We are done with breast feeding. I am glad I kept up with it for as long as I did especially for the circumstances we have. It was emotional to quit sooner than I wanted, but it was also emotional trying to do it and having so many issues. It was really wearing all of us out. It is kind of a relief just making a decision about it instead of going back in forth with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment