Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stories of Toddlers

Can you believe the boys are going to be 2 years old in just 2 weeks!?!?!?! My babies are all grown up into toddlers. I had to give them their 1st hair cut. They run around playing tag, stealing toys from each other just to get the other one to chase them and wrestle each other to the floor. They are eating big people food, they even like spicy stuff. Chicken Marsala with Coconut Rice, a dish from India, is a favorite in our house. Oh and making toddler size messes, toys all over their room, throwing food, playing with poop (I will leave the details of that out)….. Anyway, Below are some stories and accomplishments from the past couple of months.

NICK:

MORE THAN WORDS --- Nick learned his first sign!! He can now tell me “MORE” with his hands!! Now I know when he is ready for his next bite of food. He is also mimicking a lot more words lately. He “barks” like a dog every time he hears a dog bark or hears the word “dog” or sees a dog, or….. a cat…lol.. silly boy!! Neither of them can figure out yet that cats are not dogs. Dog face

SIGN A SONGNote--- Nick loves to clap to songs. He even has a favorite CD and favorite song on that CD!!! I love that it’s also MY favorite band, One Republic. When the boys were still in the hospital the band came out with a new CD so I listened to it a lot in the car. The boys heard it a lot while driving back and forth to Springfield for Doctors appointments. Then one day I realized that when I turned it on they stopped crying. Then Nicolas started clapping to songs and getting excited when certain songs came on. Let me tell you that CD has never left the car!! Singing or humming to him is also a very good way to calm him down.

LET’S DINK TO THAT!! Martini glass--- Ok so maybe no one else will get my enthusiasm for this but, Nicolas can drink from a straw now!! Excited for two reasons. ONE: When we are out to eat I can just get a cup of water with a straw and not have to carry around a sippy cup ALL of the time. TWO: I can buy Ethan and Nick the same cups!! It’s just one less difference I have to think of. I don’t like the “Ethan can have/do this but Nick still can’t,” so it’s a big deal to me!

ETHAN:

HATS OFF!! --- Ethan has been watching a baby sign language video but had not repeated any of the NEW signs yet, till last night. All of the sudden at the dinner table Ethan signs and says “Hat!” He did it repeatedly so I went and got him a hat. He ran around in it the rest of the evening!! He loves hats and has fun putting them on and trying to put them on Nick too, but Nick runs from him and giggling…lol

I WON’T WHEAR THAT! --- Ethan has started to have preference in what he is wears. I will get out 2 outfits to dress the boys and Ethan will pick one for himself and give the other one to Nick. the other day after a bath I went to put PJ’s on him and he very clearly let me know he did not what clothes on at all. This morning I found him half way out of his shirt. He also loves to wear baby sunglasses Just kidding… He thinks he’s all that!!! …. and I think he is too.

TICK TOCK Clock--- One morning he was sitting in his high chair eating when much to my surprise he pointed to the clock and said “Tick, Tock!”. How did he learn a clock goes ‘Tick Tock’ I wondered for a moment? Then I remembered his Dr, Seuss book Mr. Brown Can Moo! Mr. Brown goes ‘Tick Tock’ like a clock. Then I also realized the song playing on my computer at that very moment was saying “Tick Tock” in the chorus….lol He hears everything!!

TRAIN --- Speaking of Ethan hearing EVERYTHING!! He hears every time the train blows it’s whistle and he would always ask “What’s that?” I was having a hard time explaining it so I got onto my computer and pulled up the children’s show Thomas the Train. Now instead of asking me what the sound is, it says “Train!!” But also everything with wheels is a train!!! ha ha ha!! Even when he hears the loud trucks ad cars go by he calls them trains too!!Auto

 

That is all I have time for now. I will post some new pictures in a few days.

2 comments:

Lorra said...

I love those boys. They r sooooo cute.

Keri said...

2 YEARS??!?!!! That doesn't seem possible. Can't wait to see how these little "dudes" turn out!!!